Reef Shark Encounter
- Wildlife Encounter
Explorer mode on! Allow your curiosity to cultivate with this awesome up-close and personal reef shark encounter.
By booking your SPARK POP® experience as a gift or treat, you’ll support colourful memories and also – Healthy Planet. Supporting Local. Active Kids.
- All ages are welcome from 0-100 years old, it fits everybody in their own special way
- Admission to the aquarium, entry into the lagoon shallows, shark food, interaction with the animals (petting/feeding), interesting and informative animal talks and staff on hand for personalised attention.
- Wear & Keep Souvenir Socks
- Wetsuit Hire, private access into the shallows of Fingill Lagoon (not swimming) for the Ray Cuddle Experience.
- The Entry Pass is available every 20 minutes from 9am till 3.40pm, please check availability, school holidays book out early!
- Please allow about 2 hours however you may stay all day if you wish.
Child Friendly Dining
Irukandji: light snacks are available; however, you are encouraged to pack a picnic lunch to enjoy under the trees.
- Opening Hours: 9am to 5pm daily
- Accessibility: Friendly for wheelchair and pram users. Accessible bathrooms also available near the entrance.
- Family Facilities: Baby change table available in the accessible toilets. Kids playground available on-site.
- Car Parking: Plenty of free carparking available, located on Jessie Road, right near the Port Stephens Drive roundabout on Nelson Bay Road.
- What to Bring: Hats, REEF-FRIENDLY sunscreen, cameras (underwater cameras are great!), clothes (t-shirts & shorts or skirts that can stay dry in the shallows, Only bring swimwear or spare underwear for those choosing the wetsuit option and for all encounters and snorkels. Your own prescription mask set- note though we do allow it you will need to allow extra time before your experience for us to clean/soak your snorkel in solution to ensure it is free from any nasties.
- What NOT to bring: Swimwear or rashie/clothes to swim in without a wetsuit (staying dry clothing or wetsuit must be worn in lagoons, not swimwear alone), non-reef friendly sunscreen, your own wetsuits or water shoes- because they could introduce toxins to our lagoons and we limit the items going in, especially neoprene which can harbour marine life from the ocean and cannot be cleaned in a hurry.
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
- must be 12 years of age.