- Wildlife Encounter
A once in a lifetime encounter with SEA LIFE Melbourne’s colony of sub-Antarctic penguins!
Suit up into our Antarctic snow gear and get set for your 45 minute penguin encounter tour!
The Penguin Passport experience takes you onto the ice where you have the exclusive opportunity to get up close to SEA LIFE Melbourne’s colony of majestic King and cheeky Gentoo penguins.
You will also have the opportunity to go behind the scenes and see the penguin food preparation, as well as how the state-of-the-art exhibit maintains its sub-zero temperatures.
By choosing experiences over new toys or games more often as a gift or treat, you are contributing to a sustainable future by reducing plastic consumption and waste. Impacts of choosing experiences for kids and families extend threefold – Healthy Planet. Supporting Local. Active Kids.
Child Friendly Dining
Adventurer’s Cafe is currently undergoing renovations. In the interim you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks.
- General admission included
- Arctic gear provided *please bring your own socks*
- Opening Hours: Daily 9.30am – 5pm, subject to change. View current times here.
- Accessibility: SEA LIFE Melbourne welcome all and strive to make our attraction as accessible as possible to all of our guests. View guide here.
- Family Facilities: Baby change room, microwave / bottle warming.
- Car Parking: Secure Parking at 522 Flinders Lane, only 240m from SEA LIFE Melbourne. Present your car park ticket to SEA LIFE admissions team to get your ticket validated for $22 Weekdays / $9 Weekends and Public Holidays
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
- Participants must be willing and able to navigate a staircase.
- Minimum age 14 (Guests Under 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult (18+)
**Please arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to tour departure**