Penguin Antarctic Adventure
- Dream It, Do It
Escape for an Antarctic adventure and discover the quirky penguins of Sea World’s Penguin Encounter.
Get up close and interact with the second largest species of penguin in the world, the King penguin, as well as the playful and agile Gentoo penguins.
You’ll receive an exclusive behind the scenes tour of the award-winning exhibit that mimics their natural Antarctic environment, and engage in a range of penguin activities that may include a feeding session or a fun enrichment program.
Book or gift a SPARK POP® experience and support Healthy Planet. Local Jobs. Active Kids.
- In this exclusive behind-the-scenes tour you’ll engage in a range of penguin activities that may include a feeding session or a fun enrichment program.
- Penguin Antarctic Adventure programs are available 7 days a week and have approximately four participants per program.
- Opening Hours: Park gates open 9.30am to 5pm
- Accessibility: Disability Services include car parking, toilets and ramps. Click here to view Sea World accessibility guide.
- Family Facilities: Stroller hire available for 6months-3years $20 with form of ID. Parents Rooms contain private feeding areas and separate changing facilities and are located at Top Terrace to left of Sea World Exit Shop and between Shark Bay + Penguin Point.
- Car Parking: Ample parking is available at Sea World.
- What to wear: Participants must wear footwear. Overalls, jacket, boots and gloves are provided and required on the Penguin Antarctic Adventure program.
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
- Available to ages 8+ and a minimum of 126cm tall. Participants aged between 8 and 13 years inclusive must be accompanied by an 18+ guardian (maximum 2 children per guardian).
- All participants of this experience must hold a valid pass to enter the park.
- Participants are required to check-in at the Animal Adventures Centre one hour prior to the program start time.
- There are no complimentary programs for guardians. Unaccompanied participants must be aged 14 years or over and be a minimum height of 145cm (measured without footwear).
- Participants must not have ANY pre-existing knee, pelvic or back injuries.
- Participants must be able to quickly exit the back of house area unassisted, including up and down stairs.
- Participants must be able to bend and kneel on the ice without assistance
- Based on medical advice, participants must not be pregnant.
- Participants must not have any open cuts or infections
- Participants must be able to speak and/or understand English, or have a translator participate in the program with them. There are no complimentary programs for translators. Persons acting as a translator must advise staff at the start of the program. Translators must satisfy all criteria. Participants must wear all approved clothing including safety glasses.
- Participants must follow directions quickly to the satisfaction of staff.
- Participants must follow all safety instructions during the duration of the tour.
- Participants must remove necklaces, earrings and facial piercings.
- Participants must not have come into contact with any bird species in the previous 8 hours.
- All personal belongings and effects, including bags, are not permitted on the tour and will remain in the Polar Room. Please ensure valuables are stored in a coin-operated locker prior to arriving for program.
- Photography is not permitted whilst in the back-of-house areas including on the ice.
- Please inform staff of any medical conditions during check-in.
- *Please be advised that fish/shellfish is used on the tour. Please advise staff of any allergy concerns.
- Animal Adventure booking is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Participants must not have any form of disability which prevents them from satisfying the criteria for participation.
- Guests with disabilities are asked to call customer connect on 133 386 directly to determine suitability to participate in the program. Please note limited number of special needs programs are available for people with disabilities that otherwise prohibit them from participating
- All participants of this experience must hold a valid pass to enter the park. Take a look at our pass options here.