Kids Only Intro Surf
$70 – $280
ARE YOUR KIDS KEEN TO GET WET? THESE LESSONS ARE FOR LITTLE FROTHERS WHO WANT TO TRY THEIR HAND AT SHREDDING WITHOUT THOSE PESKY ADULTS KILLING THEIR MOJO.
These awesome surf classes are tailored just for 6 to 12-year-olds! 🏄♂️🌊 Picture this: School holidays filled with laughter, epic rides on the waves, and a whole lot of FUN! Weekdays covered with classes three mornings a week, and dive into the weekend with some Saturday morning surf vibes during the school terms.
But wait, there’s more! Our kids-only classes boast an incredible coach-to-participant ratio of 4:1. Why? Because we’re all about safety first, and, of course, squeezing in as much excitement as possible! It’s like having a personal surf buddy cheering them on every step of the way.
Surfing isn’t just a sport; it’s a splash of pure joy! 🌈✨ These sessions are crafted to give your little ones a sneak peek into the world of surfing. We’re crossing our fingers they catch the surfing bug and can’t wait to ride those waves again and again!
Book or gift a SPARK POP® experience and support Healthy Planet. Local Jobs. Active Kids.
The Intro to surf session is the prerequisite to our Beginner surf programs and we cover the following:
-Identify the parts of the surf board and equipment
-Basic surf awareness
-Recognize hazards in the surf such as rips
-Learn the steps to standing on a board
-Ride a broken wave in the white wash assisted by the instructor
-How to fall off safely in the shallows
- What is provided: All equipment is included.
- What do I need to bring: On the beach you will only be needing swimmers and a big desire to surf and have fun. We will provide you with a wetsuit, rash shirt, sunscreen and of course … a surfboard. It is a good idea though to wear thongs ( flip flops) to walk on the sand and a towel for after the lesson. We do have secure onsite storage for your belongings.
- How to get there: Complimentary transport from Surfers Paradise to the best beach on the Gold Coast (we allow one parent to come in the shuttle but other seats must be reserved for other surfers)
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
Who can join this class?
- Any child between 6 and 12 years
- Children under 6 we recommend a private lesson
- No swimming ability necessary. The lesson is conducted in waist deep water but you must be strong enough to hold onto your own surf board (parents may assist with this)
- All levels of fitness are welcome to join as you can participate at your own pace
- Any child with a medical condition or previous injury are recommended to seek the advice of your physician