Family Koala & River Cruise
- Dream It, Do It
- Zoos & Aquariums
$60 – $270Child
GATHER YOUR FRIENDS OR FAMILY AND ESCAPE THE CITY TO CONNECT WITH NATURE LIKE NEVER BEFORE ON THIS KOALA & RIVER CRUISE TO THE WORLD’S FIRST & LARGEST KOALA SANCTUARY.
Travel like a tourist on a 70 minute cruise (approx.) along the Brisbane River past the city’s most historic landscapes, iconic attractions, historical home sites and interesting wildlife habitats as you listen to an entertaining and informative commentary.
Upon arrival at Lone Pine, you will have three (3) hours to explore Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary! Visit the Platypus House, check out owls, kites and sea eagles soar above you at the popular Flight Raptor show plus feed the kangaroos and wallabies; more than 100 of them live in the 5-acre (2 hectare) reserve at Lone Pine. Don’t miss the sheepdog show!
By choosing experiences over new toys or games more often as a gift or treat, you are contributing to a sustainable future by reducing plastic consumption and waste. Impacts of choosing experiences for kids and families extend threefold – Healthy Planet. Supporting Local. Active Kids.
Departure 10am from Cultural Centre Pontoon
Return 2.15pm from Lone Pine
CHILD FRIENDLY DINING
- Homemade morning teas, lunch and snacks (own expense) from On-board cafe.
- Riverside Cafe – Open 7.30am to 4pm. Overlooking the Brisbane River, this is the perfect spot for coffee break, or a catch up with old friends.
- Sleepy Koala Cafe – Open 10am to 2pm. Found inside the main grounds with a small takeaway style menu for lunch as well as coffee, cool drinks and snacks.
- Admission: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary & Return Boat Cruise is inclusive of your ticket with Under 3 year olds FREE.
- Accessibility: 28 stairs are required to be climbed from the boat to the entry gates. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary was established on naturally hilly terrain. In order to maintain the integrity of the landscape, not all hills and slopes within the sanctuary are suitable for unassisted wheelchairs. Alternate routes are available for guests with limited mobility. Limited number of manual wheelchairs available for hire at Ticket Entrance. All guests who wish to hire a wheelchair will be asked to sign a liability waiver and pay a maintenance fee of $6. Accessible toilets available.
- Family Facilities: Parents room, stroller hire $6, free wi-fi, free device charging stations.