Dolphin & Seal Watching Eco Tour
- Wildlife Encounter
$75 – $90Child
Get set for an awe-inspiring wildlife encounter on this award-winning tour on the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula.
Relax and an enjoy an adventurous and informative tour showcasing the spectacular region abundant with diverse marine and birdlife. With no more than 6 to 12 passengers aboard you’ll find this more of a personalised tour exploring the local waters for seals, whales and dolphins.
Cruise the glorious coast of the Mornington Peninsula and southern Port Phillip Bay. At any time of year you’re likely to see gannets diving, fur seals playing, nesting cormorants, or a pod of dolphins riding the waves and frolicking about.
The migratory shearwater birds congregate en masse at the waters at the heads, thousands upon thousands of birds rafting together on the surface.
Australian Fur Seals, once hunted excessively for their pelts, are now fully protected and enjoy resting on Chinaman’s Hat, a man-made haul out platform in the bay. Here the seals get out of the water and rest after days of fishing. Seeing them up close you will be mesmerised by their presence, agility and adore their features.
From around June through to August (winter), along the southern coast of Victoria, our waters are home to the migration passages of whales. Sightings of Humpback, Southern Right and Killer whales (Orca) are increasing year on year. Visits into Port Phillip Bay are becoming more frequent and it’s possible to gain some amazing sightings.
Any other day seals, seabirds including gannets, pelicans, shy albatross or white-faced storm petrels may greet you out on or above the water.
By choosing experiences over new toys or games more often as a gift or treat, you are contributing to a sustainable future by reducing plastic consumption and waste. Impacts of choosing experiences for kids and families extend threefold – Healthy Planet. Supporting Local. Active Kids.
- Swift eco style rigid inflatable boat
- Opportunity to see wild dolphins, seals and sea birds including gannets and cormorants
- Small group tour for a more personalised experience
- Up close remarkable wildlife viewing
- Completely natural wildlife experience, no feeding or trained animals
- Face-to-face expert commentary and interaction with qualified guides
Child Friendly Dining
- What to wear: Sightseeing tours operate in a range of conditions and whilst we work to ensure all guests stay dry, given the open style of the boat, you may experience some splashing under occasional circumstances. We suggest dressing comfortably in clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting wet and ones that will protect you from the elements, including sun and wind.
- How do I prepare before the tour if I suffer motion sickness: The vessel Kavorca is a military specification 6-metre boat designed to operate in extreme conditions, including hurricane force winds. It sits low in the water with very large pontoons which make it a very stable and safe vessel. For those unsure if they suffer from motion sickness, some guests prefer to prepare with travel sickness remedies. It’s recommended you check with your local pharmacy and follow the advice of professionals before your departure. Prevention is always better than cure!
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 5 years of age
- All Guests must be minimum 100cm tall
- Please be at the pier at least 15 minutes before tour departure time to ensure you have enough time to check in and make yourself comfortable
- Tours depart at the scheduled time and will not wait for late guests
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Eligibility of guests to participate in the tour is at the discretion of the Captain who has the right to refuse passage
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- Guests will have the opportunity to spot dolphins, however sightings can not be guaranteed as they are wild animals
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- Guests must provide at least 24 hours notice for cancellations or all fees will be forfeited