Classic Rattler Run
- On Sale
$0 – $166.25
ALL ABOARD FOR A PLAYFUL JOURNEY BACK IN TIME ON THE BEAUTIFUL MARY VALLEY RATTLER!
Hop onto the restored C17 steam train in Gympie and let the excitement begin as you rattle along the tracks, winding your way through the scenic Mary Valley to the charming town of Amamoor. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife and enjoy the rhythmic chug-chug of the train, a delight for train enthusiasts of all ages!
Once you arrive in Amamoor, watch in awe as the train prepares for its return journey via the turntable. Take a moment to stretch your legs and explore this quaint town before hopping back on board for the ride back to Gympie Station. Throughout the journey, volunteer guides will captivate your imagination with fascinating historical tales about the trains and the region, making learning fun for everyone!
Book your ticket for playful and educational adventure on the Mary Valley Rattler, where memories are made, and imaginations run wild!
Book or gift a SPARK POP® experience and support Healthy Planet. Local Jobs. Active Kids.
CHILD FRIENDLY DINING
Rusty Rails Café: Open daily 8-2pm offering a modern menu including kids favs. Take a look.
- Car Parking: There is parking at the historic Gympie Station on Tozer Street and some street parking is also available.
- Can I Bring My Own Food: You are welcome to bring your own food on board. A selection of takeaway and dine in options as well as snacks are available at the historic Gympie Station.
- Accessibility: Please note during checkout if you have requirements that require assistance with on boarding. Due to the heritage nature of our carriages, access and egress from the carriages requires the ability to climb stairs and safely negotiate the gap between the platform and the carriage. We are unable to provide manual assistance to board the carriages. All of the current Mary Valley Rattler rail experiences are wheelchair accessible.
- Are You Pet Friendly: Domestic dogs and cats are welcome in a segregated carriage on board. Assistance dogs are welcome on board. Bookings are required and must be made by calling (07) 5482 2750.
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
- Available Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday
- Check in at the Tour Desk at least 45 minutes before departure so you can see the train pull into the station, chat with the volunteer drivers and guides, explore the historic Gympie Station.