Asian Cooking Workshop
- Hands On
Cooking is one of the great gifts you can give to those you love, and if your child loves to eat and have fun than they’re going to love this workshop!
Enhance your child’s interest in food as you embark on an exploration of food, understand the benefits of cooking with natural and healthy ingredients, while perhaps even fostering a future home chef.
Cleverly designed to introduce your child to some of their new favourite meals together with their loved parents and families. This children’s cooking workshop is fun and educational welcoming parents, guardians, and grandparents to join the experience.
Book or gift a SPARK POP® experience and support Healthy Planet. Local Jobs. Active Kids.
ON THE DAY
- Enjoy a complimentary refresher drink on arrival
- The chef instructor will do a demonstration for the menu.
- Kids and parents will cook the foods together
- Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of sparkling wines for adult or refresher for kids
NOTE: Advanced junior cooks should consider a private class.
Thai Cooking | Jan, May, Sep
- Kaeng- Thai curry paste
- Nam Tok- ‘waterfall’ beef salad
- Kaeng Khiao Wan-Thai green curry
Japanese Cooking | Feb, Jun, Oct
- Makizushi- sushi rolls with salmon, shiso, avocado or vegetarian – GF
- Okonomiyaki- cabbage pancake with bacon
- Seasonal Miso Soup Seasonal Miso Soup with Kelp Stock
Vietnamese Cooking | Mar, Jul, Nov
- Fish Sauce Dipping Sauce | Nuoc cham
- Vietnamese Spring rolls | Chả giò
- Goi Ga | Chicken Salad
- Traditional Chicken Noodle Soup | Pho Ga
Chinese Cooking | Apr, Aug, Dec
- Hun Tun Tang- Wonton Soup
- Hokkien Mee- Stir-Fried Noodles with Bok Choy
- Gong Bao Jiding- Kung Pao Chicken
- Opening Hours: Limited to class times 2 hours.
- Car Parking: There’s limited street parking in North Richmond & Abbotsford and our street parking is timed with some spaces reserved for local permit holders. Your best bet is to look on side streets away such as William, Lithgow, Albert, Murray, Princess… from Victoria Street but always pay attention to the signage.
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
- Kid cooking workshops are perfect things to do for children aged from 10 to 16 on weekends, school holidays and summer holidays. Given the kitchen set up, we cannot accept teens with severe food allergies. Please email us before booking to discuss your special requirements.
- This class is available as a private class for your kid birthday party, family cooking and celebration. There is a minimum spend of $1,250 for up to 10 people including the children.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking you will need to email us. You must do this at least 7 days before your class to cancel or reschedule. We are sorry that we cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in-person after this time.
- In the event that you are unwell, we ask that you send someone in your place. The participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend. Alternatively, if you provide notice prior to the class, you are welcome to collect the ingredients and online recipe to take home with you after the class. Please note that this may not be possible as fresh meats and seafood in all cases and you should call 0408 217 899 to check with the chef team. This cannot be organized via email.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.
- Read more of our FAQs and booking terms.