Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
Get curious, while making unforgettable memories by reaching the southernmost tip of Australia for a trip through the tallest lighthouse on mainland Australia!
Nestled at the meeting point of the Southern and Indian Oceans, this iconic landmark offers more than just breathtaking views. Step back in time and uncover the secrets of this 1895-built marvel, crafted from local limestone, which continues to guide ships safely through the challenging cape waters.
For families eager to dive deeper into maritime history, the Interpretive Centre awaits!
Kids will love exploring artifacts, engaging with hands-on exhibits, and watching an exciting, animated film that transports them to an era where brave men, women, and children called this incredible lighthouse home.
Book or gift a SPARK POP experience and support a Healthy Planet. Local Jobs. Active Kids.
Child Friendly DIning
Cape Leeuwin Cafe: Open Friday to Wednesday for visitors to enjoy a light snack or coffees, freshly made scones and light lunches.
- Opening Hours: Daily 9am – 5pm
- Car Parking: Ample parking on-site.
- What to Bring: Comfortable walking shoes as there are many steps involved. Bring your camera and water. A light jacket is recommended for windier days.
- How fit do I need to be to climb the lighthouse: The guide leading the tour will not take the group straight up to the top of the tower. The steps are staged, with rest stops at landings along the way as required. With a reasonable amount of determination, and a functional set of knees, almost anyone can get to the top!
- Accessibility: Wheel chair access is available upon request.
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
Children must be able to walk up the 59 steps on their own. They are unable to be carried up the steps inside the tower.