Sea Kayak Tour (Adult)
An eco-friendly kayak tour of the Mornington Peninsula Dolphin Sanctuary is perfect for those with an interest in nature and a sense of adventure.
Experience an unforgettable adventure with your family by exploring the stunning coastline of the Mornington Peninsula on a sea kayaking tour. Get up close and personal with dolphins and seals while paddling through the picturesque Point Nepean National Park or towards the famous millionaire walkway and Point King Lookout.
Did you know that Port Phillip Bay is home to a population of around 80 bottlenose dolphins? These amazing marine mammals rely almost entirely on the bay for all their daily needs and rarely venture outside its waters. Unfortunately, due to their small population size, these dolphins are vulnerable to extinction. That’s why special protection under the law is given to marine mammals in protected areas such as the Ticonderoga Bay sanctuary zone, located near Point Nepean.
This area serves as a refuge for dolphins and is a significant component of their habitat, making it an essential stop on your sea kayaking adventure.
By choosing experiences over new toys or games more often as a gift or treat, you are contributing to a sustainable future by reducing plastic consumption and waste. Impacts of choosing experiences for kids and families extend threefold – Healthy Planet. Supporting Local. Active Kids.
- Short briefing on equipment use, skills and safety procedures.
- Professional guides to present information on marine life and points of interest throughout.
- Learn all about the history of Port Phillip Bay and the marine life you encounter.
- Buoyancy vests, waterproof/windproof jackets, spray decks, kayaks and paddles. Guides carry first aid, safety equipment and mobile phones.
- What to wear & bring: Water Bottle, Towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, booties or thongs. Please wear beach attire and bring a change of clothes. In colder months – thermals are recommended.
Guidelines, Cancellation, Terms
Participants must be at least 12 years and of age with a reasonable fitness level and confidence in the water. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by an adult.
It is recommended that any guest with a medical condition fill in a Medical Statement prior to the experience. Adequate medical advice should be sought prior to partaking in any form of physical activity including but not limited to Asthma, Epilepsy, Heart or Lung Conditions, Ear injuries, Pregnancy & Seasickness.