Are your kids keen to Get Wet? Our kids only surf lessons are for little frothers who want to try their hand at shredding without those pesky adults killing their mojo.
These classes are for 6 to 12 year olds and they are run throughout school holidays. They run 3 mornings a week (and more often during peak times) and on Saturday mornings throughout the school terms. Kids only classes are run with an even lower coach-to-participant ratio of 4:1 to ensure maximum amounts of both safety and fun!
Surfing is such a great sport for all ages and these sessions are designed to give them a taste of surfing and hopefully they love it and want to come back for more,
The Intro to surf session is the prerequisite to our Beginner surf programs and we cover the following
- Identify the parts of the surf board and equipment
- Basic surf awareness
- Recognize hazards in the surf such as rips
- Learn the steps to standing on a board
- Ride a broken wave in the white wash assisted by the instructor
- How to fall off safely in the shallows